Do you want a constant stream of patient calls and enquiries each month?
Is your dental website lagging behind its strongest competitors in the SERPs?
Perhaps all you need are experts like us who knows how SEO for dentists can help you stand out!
What is SEO for Dentists (Dental SEO)
SEO for dentists is the process of optimising different aspects of your dental website to make it more visible in search engines such as Google, Yahoo! and Bing. The optimisations can include making the site faster, mobile-friendly, and more informative to potential patients.
Search engine optimisation or dental SEO marketing may not be the focus of your dental practice. But it is currently one of the most effective ways to get patients to your clinic.
You see, people nowadays turn to their laptop or mobile phone for information, including dental services. Gone are the days when potential clients find you after reading the newspaper or browsing the yellow pages. Typing in search terms like “dentist in Melbourne” or “dental clinic near me” is way faster and more accurate.
In one study, results show that the first five websites on the search pages get 67.6% of the total clicks. That means, if your dental business is among the top search engine results on Google, for example, your organic traffic will significantly increase.
More people visiting your site also translates to more prospective patients. And with dental SEO, we can make this happen!
Benefits of SEO for Dentists
While increased patient visits are the ultimate advantage of turning to SEO services, practitioners like you can get so much more from this strategy.
1. More adaptable to modern patient behaviour.
Nowadays, people no longer look for phone directories or printed advertisements to find dentists or your services. Your prospective patients can find you via smartphone or laptop with an Internet connection.
They only have to type in search engines to get results. Successful dental businesses embrace change. And adapting to this modern market behaviour makes you more searchable and reachable!
2. Reach your target audience or defined market.
As mentioned earlier, SEO for dental websites can significantly boost your online presence and visibility. In turn, you get to enjoy increased website traffic. However, SEO brings in high-quality traffic. You may be providing cosmetic services, for example, to patients in need of veneers or dentures.
Or perhaps, you’re an expert paediatric dentist servicing children and youth. Whatever your specialisation is, you want people who need your services to come to you. And SEO can connect the two.
Here’s an example. Try putting yourself in the shoes of a person looking for an oral surgeon through organic search. If you type in “oral surgeon” on the search engine, you’ll probably get all sorts of links that you do not need. However, if you use search intent keywords like “oral surgeon for dental implants”, you get more relevant results.
Dental local SEO can potentially give you above-average traffic. A strategic selection and use of keywords bring you leads or people who respond positively to services that you offer. They’re the type of users who find your website helpful and are likely to become your happy clients.
3. Gain a considerable competitive edge.
Competition among businesses in the digital world, including dental clinics, is cutthroat. In Australia alone, there are 18,061 registered dentists in 2019. Also, 9 out of 10 all dental practitioners are practising. The statistics further emphasise that it is not enough to put up a website and wait for enquiries to come.
In addition, we know that most dental appointments do not require a referral, making an SEO-friendly website even more crucial to dental clinic owners. Today, organic search and better search engine ranking are your best channels to acquire more patients.
With a commanding online presence, you can effortlessly attract fresh leads that convert. More importantly, with higher online visibility through dental SEO, clients get to see you first before your rivals!
4. Build a reliable brand and image.
Having a trustworthy image plays a crucial role in your success. And appearing at the top of the search results through SEO for dental clinics can help you achieve that. Search engines like Google favour SEO-friendly websites and reward them by increasing their search engine rankings.
On the other hand, Internet users know that the top results are credible and can answer their search queries.
Gaining the trust of website visitors leads to many other benefits. For instance, even if they do not need your services right away, constantly seeing your brand can help build recall or make word-of-mouth do the patient gathering for you.
Applying SEO strategies like creating a blog and adding a case study page can further enhance your website authority and, of course, conversion rates.
5. You can market your services cost-efficiently.
One way to perform well in a highly competitive dental industry is through dental marketing strategies. Traditional approaches like print and broadcast may work. However, if you have just entered the business with a newly opened clinic, chances are you don’t have enough resources to carry these out. Aside from being expensive and impractical, they cannot target your defined audience. Moreover, you need to spend more, if not continuously, to generate traffic.
Dental SEO marketing is more cost-effective and provides a better return on investment. It is not as expensive as the conventional dental marketing campaign. It is also more capable of directing digital marketing efforts to people who matter to your dental practice and business goals.
This strategy also keeps you relevant to your audience for a long time. Even if you decide to stop your SEO efforts, people can still search and may find you online. Reaping the benefits of dental SEO, however, can take months or even years. But the tangible results and long-term value are undoubtedly worth every dollar.
Key Strategies to Apply SEO for Dental Websites
Search engines evaluate websites using various ranking factors that aim to provide user satisfaction. Your goal as a dental practice website owner is then to meet these criteria and earn a first-page slot. SEO strategies can help you do that. Here are some examples.
1. Optimised content
People often perceive health-related content as boring or too technical. And so, it’s unfortunate when online visitors don’t bother to read, much less click, your articles. An SEO-centred content strategy with these techniques, however, can change that perception:
- Do a keyword research. People type in local search terms when looking for dentists or your services online. We research the short-tail or long-tail phrases that they enter. Incorporating the right words into your content increases your relevance to users and makes your site easier to find.
- Find keywords that highlight your services. Dentist and dental services are relevant keywords but are too generic. Your competitors are probably using similar key terms. Pick out more specific and descriptive keywords instead to create high-quality content. Make sure to mention the services or products that you offer, like teeth whitening, root canal and more.
- Apply local SEO. How do you search for dentists and their services online? If you enter terms like “dental clinics near me” or “periodontists in Melbourne”, then you are not alone. Did you know that about 97% of consumers search local businesses in this manner? Applying local dental SEO through geo-targeted keywords allows you to concentrate your efforts on people in the community who need your services. Managing your Google My Business profile is another way to implement local SEO for dentists.
- Pair your content with technical SEO. Digital content should have codes, so search engines and their automated bots can understand and rank it. You can do this by adding your primary keyword to meta tags, headings, URL and other essential fields.
2. Technical SEO
This strategy focuses on efforts that make your dental website faster, more responsive and user-friendly. It also ensures that search engines can find, read and understand what your website is all about. Implementing this factor can be tricky and complicated, though. It’s often best to leave it to the SEO experts or consultants. But to give you an idea, your technical SEO checklist may include:
- Website upgrades according to Google’s guidelines. Google often updates its standards for ranking to refine search engine results pages and improve its services overall. Staying updated on these guideline changes can help you perform better than your business rivals.
- Page load time adjustment. Slow-loading pages significantly increase bounce rates. Bounce rates happen when users leave your website and look for others that load faster. SEO experts can help you identify and fix the elements that are slowing your site down.
- Website design for mobile responsiveness. Most people search on the go nowadays, making mobile searches very convenient than desktop ones. So, your website must be easy to use and navigate, no matter the device or screen size.
- Meta tag and title optimisation. Search engines speak a different tongue, and SEO experts can help you fix the language barrier! This SEO service allows search engines to read your content, make your site more visible and increase your ranking.
- Website security reinforcement. A website with high security lets your users browse with confidence. On top of that, it also sends search engines like Google the message that your website is ideal and safe for users to visit.
3. Link Building
Quality link building is yet another vital ranking factor to consider when optimising your dental website. This process is about getting links from external websites that lead to target websites. It signals search engines of your site’s authoritativeness and value to users. Internal links, or links to relevant content within your website, is also part of this strategy.
Linking plays a significant role in promoting your credibility as a dental practitioner. Guest blogging or contacting industry leaders to share your content are some link building tactics you can do. Creating articles about affiliated organisations or dental product manufacturers also opens a lot of linking opportunities.
Ready to make an SEO service appointment? Contact us now, and let’s start implementing dental SEO on your site today!
Professional Help for Implementing Dental SEO
Of course, you can apply dental SEO yourself. Being the expert in your line of work, you would know what should be on your website. But the thing is, some SEO aspects can be tricky to do without the know-how and experience. Here are other reasons why it is more sensible to hire SEO experts:
- Dental SEO is an ongoing process. Creating a functional website can make you visible online. But if you want high web traffic, you will have to do more than this one-off job. You need the help of an SEO expert to update your content and keep them relevant and competitive. Also, as mentioned, Google’s metrics tend to change, too. With the help of specialists, you can be sure to stay on top of the latest SEO trends and best practices.
- Dental SEO requires commitment. Dentists like you are likely to spend the day attending to patients, answering enquiries and doing all sorts of procedures. SEO also needs specialised skills for efficient application. Moreover, studying several ranking factors takes time. And so, having an expert to help you means you can focus on your day-to-day work and not worry about SEO technicalities.
- Dental website SEO needs digestible content. Most people feel apprehensive when visiting a dental clinic. And putting medical and dental jargon all over your website will likely add to their stress! Internet users won’t be typing these technical terms in searches either. SEO experts can then help translate and make your content more approachable to search engines and average readers alike.
Agencies offering SEO for dental websites operate with a dedicated team of experts with varying specialisations. Hiring them is like being in a one-stop shop for all your website concerns and SEO needs! Aside from convenience, communicating with only one team is a big time-saver.
SEO for Dental Clinics with Infinite Ace
When it comes to SEO, our team at Infinite Ace delivers reliable services and results! We’ve previously worked with business owners and professionals from various companies, including the healthcare and dental industry. These experiences make us confident to tackle even your most complex digital marketing needs.
You may find other SEO agencies in Australia offering dental SEO services. But our Melbourne-based team has something more to offer.
1. We are 100% customer-focused.
We know that every business is different and requires a custom dental marketing strategy. We also understand that setting up and running a clinic entails a lot of resources. And so, we only provide solutions that fit your operations. This way, you get the results you need without wasting valuable time, energy and money. Our case studies further attest to our successful customer-centric approach.
2. We are a reliable team that delivers.
Infinite Ace is a Melbourne-based digital agency that specialises in SEO and Google Ads management. Our years of success stories will not be possible without our team of Analytics, PPC and SEO experts. By combining our specialised skills, we ensure that every step of our SEO plan leads to favourable outcomes. Moreover, an SEO campaign is a long-term project. To succeed, you will want a group like us that you can rely on with confidence!
3. We are followers of best SEO practices.
Infinite Ace implements dental SEO without shortcuts, quick fixes and dishonest work methods. We prefer taking the ethical route and employing white-hat SEO techniques every time. This way, your business enjoys all the benefits without any issue or penalty.
4. We are objective and results-driven.
The good thing about SEO is that its results are measurable. We use a broad range of proven metrics, like traffic, rankings and leads, to determine your return on investment. Our entire team ensures that you get periodic reports and numerical findings to keep you in the loop throughout the campaign.
5. We are economical.
With Infinite Ace, you get premium services at affordable rates in exchange for long-term SEO benefits!
SEO Workflow and Infinite Ace
The Infinite Ace team follows a standard step-by-step process when implementing dental SEO. This way, you know exactly what happens in every phase and when to see progress. Here’s how we work our magic.
Our work begins with identifying the problem areas that are significantly affecting your online visibility and ranking position. We then use these findings to create your customised SEO plan. Our investigation typically includes:
- Website auditing. This step focuses on evaluating crucial elements affecting the performance and rankings of your dental website. Typical errors often include slow-loading pages and navigation issues. Our aim here is to make a checklist of areas for improvement.
- Competitor analysis. Studying your fiercest competitors in the SERP can also give us an idea of their strengths and weakness. Specifically, it lets us identify what these dental clinic websites have that you don’t. Replicating their strong points on your site can significantly boost your rankings.
- Keyword research. Here, we look for the best target keywords that people use when looking for dentists or dental services online. A proper keyword research helps us know which short-tail or long-tail phrases should be on your dental practice website or pages. This way, we can direct our efforts to the right people and, in turn, generate traffic, leads, high conversion rates and more!
Great results come from a well-planned dental SEO strategy. At Infinite Ace, we don’t just make any plan. We make sure it’s a plan that suits your needs, so we get things right from start to finish. This strategy is what makes our SEO for dental clinics efficient. We ensure that our efforts focus on highlighting your best-selling points to make your business stand out.
Our primary goal is to create a website that engages and converts. To achieve this, we incorporate up-to-date SEO approaches. Our highly skilled professionals also work in alignment with the latest SEO trends and search engine algorithm updates.
We also incorporate specific methods, like niche-specific keywords and local SEO, to ensure we’re reaching out to people who need your expertise the most.
Here, we begin carrying out the optimisation tasks according to our checklist. We can work with your content writer and start making original and engaging content that works for you. A well-thought-out copy is your key to connect with your target audience, after all. If users find your page content, articles or posts interesting, we’re also encouraging them to contact your dental clinic or make an appointment!
Good content is not all about attracting new patients, though. It’s also a tool for you to showcase your expertise, inform and educate users, and earn their trust.
It acts like a bridge that builds relations between you and your potential clients (even if you have yet to meet them!). We can work with your content writer and start making original and engaging content that works for you.
We’ll start working on the technical aspects, too. These include optimising your titles, meta descriptions and images. And if needed, we can transform your dental website design from boring to stunning! We will address any navigation issue, so your visitors can easily browse your site or contact your clinic.
During implementation, we see to it that you are part of the dental SEO process. We ensure that you understand every transition that we make and how these changes will benefit you. Establishing open communication also allows us to align SEO achievements with your actual operations.
You see, it’s not enough that we generate leads. Converting these into satisfied dental patients, whether one-off or regular, relies on your customer support and quality service.
Finally, once SEO measures are in place, all you have to do is wait (and relax for now). It will likely take a few months before you see significant results. But the good news is, we continually monitor our progress.
We’ll use various SEO tools to track your website performance. Our numerical results ensure that you get an objective assessment at the granular level every time. Also, these help us decide whether we need to make improvements, so your website can do more!
Book Your Discovery Session
Finally, if you would like us to find out if SEO is the right strategy for your dental clinic, you can book a discovery session with us by clicking this link below.